Pentax announce ultra-wide DA 15mm f/4ED AL Limited
PENTAX U.K. is pleased to announce the launch of the smc PENTAX-DA15mm F4 ED AL Limited, designed for exclusive use with Pentax digital SLR cameras. This is the newest lens to join the acclaimed Pentax Limited series family. Maintaining the highest standards, the Limited series is renowned for unbeatable construction and unsurpassed image quality. This new Limited series lens will continue that tradition while providing users with a new ultra-wide perspective.
Main features of the smc PENTAX-DA15mmF4ED AL Limited
1. Ultra-wide-angle perspective
When mounted on a PENTAX digital SLR camera body, this new lens offers the equivalent to a 23mm angle of view in the 35mm format. This lets the photographer create unique, eye-catching images with visual effects only possible from an ultra-wide-angle lens, such as enhanced perspective and an emphasized depth of field. It is the ideal lens for sweeping landscapes, magnificent architecture and confined interiors.
2. Limited Lens-series quality for incredible images and an appealing compact design.
The PENTAX Limited Lens series combines extensive testing with the incredible knowledge of our engineers to provide every user with a lens designed for the ultimate in image reproduction. True to form, this new lens not only ensures excellent image quality, but also produces sharp, clear images with outstanding contrast, even at the maximum aperture. This is because its optical design has been optimised for digital photography. In addition, the lens barrel, hood, and cap are all made of high-grade aluminium, providing reliable construction in an attractive lens.
3. High-performance optics
This lens incorporates a hybrid aspherical (AL) lens and an optical element of extra-low-dispersion (ED) glass to ensure high-quality image reproduction with minimal aberrations, including lateral chromatic aberration. Additionally, for an ultra-wide-angle lens, the smc PENTAX-DA15mmF4ED AL Limited has excellent control over image distortion.
4. Compact, lightweight design
Thanks to its newly developed optics, this lens is designed to be extremely compact and lightweight despite its ultra-wide-angle perspective. Since it has no dome-shaped protrusion at the front end, the photographer can mount commercial 49mm-diameter filters, including circular polarizing filters popular in landscape photography.
5. Other features
1) Flower-shaped lens hood, with extendible design for easy carrying
2) Minimum focusing distance of 18 centimetres (or 0.59 feet) for close-up photography
3) PENTAX-developed Quick-Shift Focus System for instant switching to manual-focus operation after the subject is captured in focus by the AF system
4) PENTAX-original Super Protect (SP) coating applied to the front surface of the lens, making it easy to wipe off fingerprints, cosmetics and other stains