While rumours circulate of an impemding announcement of an new IS 24-70mm f/2.8 from Canon, Tamron has officially announced the SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD, featuring image stabilization and a Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) AF motor. The lens will be available in Canon, Nikon and Sony A mounts. No prices or delivery dates have been announced.
New Tamron SP 24-70mm F/2.8 VC USD lens with Vibration Compensation.
Full-size, high-speed standard zoom with class-leading resolution and
Tamron’s proprietary VC (Vibration Compensation)
Tamron Co., Ltd., a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, announced the development of the SP 24-70mm F/2.8 Di VC USD (Model A007), a full-size high-speed standard zoom lens equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), with resolution at the top of its class.
1. A full-size, high-speed standard zoom with built-in VC (Vibration Compensation). Even when shooting in low-light conditions with a slow shutter speed to render sharpness, Tamron’s acclaimed VC allows for stable handheld camera work, to more fully enjoy the benefits of this high-speed zoom lens.
2. Uses special high-grade glass in the three LD elements, three glass molded aspherical lenses, one hybrid aspherical lens and two XR (Extra Refractive Index) glasses, delivering top-of-the-class quality images suited to this high-grade lens. Using a rounded diaphragm, the lens achieves gorgeous blur effects. This rounded diaphragm retains a nearly circular shape even when taken two stops down from its fully open state.
3. Features Tamron proprietary USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) to power a speedy AF drive together with a continuous manual mechanism.
4. This high-speed standard zoom lens has a wide-end focal length of 24mm that expands the photographic area.
5. The lens adopts the new technology including the latest optical design, VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive), all in a lighter and more compact package.
6. Moisture-resistant construction helps prevent water from penetrating the lens.