Olympus PEN Mini E-PM
The new PEN Mini is the world’s smallest and lightest system camera with interchangeable lenses. It’s a beautiful camera that takes even more beautiful images and it couldn’t be any easier to use. The Mini is ideal for anyone who wants a fuss-free camera that fits in as well as at a party as it fits in their pocket. Just like a point-and-shoot, it comes in six colours but the Mini is really an SLRquality camera hiding behind the simplicity and looks of a genuine compact.
It makes high-class photography and movie-making wonderfully easy. Olympus’ Live Guide gives beginners intuitive control of key parameters like aperture and depth of field, without them needing to know how they work. Six Art Filters add fun creative effects to both Full HD movies or stills and if you don’t know what a setting in the menu is for, a window pops up to tell you. With world’s fastest* autofocus systems, great low light performance plus a superb choice of high-grade Olympus lenses and stylish accessories, it’s tough to see just what the PEN Mini can’t do. Also known as the PEN E-PM1, it’s available from early autumn 2011.
Main Features - Design
• The world’s smallest and lightest system camera with interchangeable lenses
• Super-stylish design available in six attractive colours
• Interchangeable decoration ring on supplied lens Image Quality
• Powerful TruePic VI image engine for faster recovery time and excellent image quality
• Ultra-effective in-body image stabilisation for blur-free movies and stills with any lens
• Compact M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm (28-84mm**) 1:3.5-5.6 II R fast and near-silent (Movie and Still compatible) lens
• 12.3 effective Megapixel High Speed Live MOS sensor for excellent low-light performance and Full HD movie recording
• ISO 12800 sensitivity
• 1080i Full HD stereo movie recording as AVCHD or Motion JPEG
Ease of Use
• 3.0” LCD with 460,000 dot resolution
• FAST AF, world’s fastest* autofocus system. Always on, with 35 AF points, low-light AF Illuminator and out-of-picture AF Tracking
• Intuitive Live Guide in HD Movie, still and P/S/M/A mode
• Pop-up description for each menu point
• Live View in HD Movie and still mode
• Easy-to-use Live Wheel feature menu
• Fewer buttons means simpler operation
Creativity and Flexibility
• Six creative Art Filters in HD Movie and still modes
• Accessory Port 2 for compatibility with the growing family of PEN accessories
• Compatible with 20 Micro Four Thirds, 27 Four Thirds and more than 500 other lenses (via an adapter)
• 1/4000th sec. shutter speed with 5fps sequential shooting
• Multi Exposure mode for 2 RAW images
• Long-life BLS-5 Li-ion battery
• External, tiltable flash supplied
• 3D still photos
• Slideshow playback
• SDXC*** card and Eye-Fi compatible
• Wireless flash control
As a system camera, the Mini is compatible with a huge range of accessories and lenses for every possible situation. The main kit includes a first-class M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm (28-84mm**) 1:3.5-5.6 II R lens, but the Mini can also take more than 500 other lenses (some via an adapter), including Olympus’ legendary M.ZUIKO DIGITAL range of ultra-high quality optics. Thanks to the Mini’s in-body Image Stabilisation, irrespective which lens you choose, blur-free shots are virtually guaranteed. The Mini’s FAST AF has a big role to play here too. It’s one the world’s fastest* autofocus systems for cameras with interchangeable lenses.
In addition to the external flash supplied with the camera, users can attach a growing number of classic Olympus accessories via the Accessory Port 2, for example the Bluetooth®-compatible PENPAL Communication Unit that automatically reformats still photos for wireless transfer to other compatible devices and social media. For safe, stylish and inconspicuous storage, the optional sporty Street Case fits the Mini like a glove.
The PEN Mini is available in black, white, silver, dark brown, purple and silver rose from early autumn 2011.