Think Tank Photo set to update Speed Convertible series
Pro camera bag maker Think Tank Photo has announced today that they will update the popular Speed Demon, Speed Freak and Speed Racer belt bags as shoulder bags - they'll feature a 'disappearing' belt design to switch seamlessly between the two. Interested parties can leave their details here in anticipation of the release next month.
Think Tank Photo to Release Redesigned Bags in New Speed Convertible Series
Santa Rosa, Calif. – In June, Think Tank Photo will release its redesigned Speed Demon™ V2.0, Speed Freak V2.0™, and Speed Racer™ V2.0 as shoulder bags in its new Speed Convertible Series. Each Speed Convertible bag features a “disappearing” belt that tucks away into the sides of the bag, significantly reducing bulkiness. Within seconds, the shoulder bags seamlessly convert into belt packs once the integrated belts are deployed.
Features include a flip-top lid that folds away from the body for rapid and convenient access to gear. A fully padded shoulder strap with embedded non-slip material is included, which also supports the bag while in belt pack mode. The soft kidney-shaped design contours comfortably around the body. Built-in Modular rails allow attachment of Think Tank’s Modular, Skin or Multimedia components.
Not only can photographers choose how to carry their bag, they can also select the right capacity between the three sizes in this series. The smallest, Speed Demon V2.0, can carry a standard size DSLR with a standard zoom lens attached (hood reversed) and a wide angle zoom lens beside. The medium size Speed Freak V2.0 also carries a standard size DSLR with a zoom lens attached and is tall enough to accommodate a 70–200 f2.8 lens in the bag. The Speed Racer V2.0, the most spacious of the series, effortlessly fits in the main compartment a pro size DSLR with a standard zoom lens attached and a 70–200 f2.8.
Speed Demon V2.0: Carries a standard size DSLR with two to three small zoom or prime lenses
• Canon EOS 60D with 17-85 f4-5.6 IS attached (hood reversed) and 70-300 f4-5.6 IS beside
• Nikon D7000 with 35 f1.4 attached and 50 f1.4; 85 f1.4 beside
Speed Freak V2.0: Carries a standard size DSLR with two to three large zoom lenses
• Canon 5D Mk II with 24-70 f2.8 attached (hood reversed) and 70-200 f2.8 IS beside (hood reversed)
• Nikon D700 with 14-24 f2.8 attached and 70-200 f2.8 VR beside (hood reversed)
Speed Racer V2.0: Carries a pro sizeDSLR with two to three large zoom lenses
• Canon 1D Mk IV with 16-35 f2.8 attached (hood in position) and 50 f1.2; 85 f1.2 beside (hoods reversed)
• Nikon D3 with 24-70 f2.8 attached (hood in position) and 70-200 f2.8 VR beside (hood reversed)
• Easily converts from streamlined shoulder bag to functional belt pack
• Integrated waist belt "disappears" by tucking into zippered size pockets
• Modular rails on waist belt for adding Modular Rotation System components to increase gear capacity
• Flip-top lid opens away from the body for rapid access to gear
• Cushioned, non-slip shoulder strap included
• Ergonomic, kidney-shaped design contours around body
• Easily accessible front organizer pocket
• Stretchable mesh side pockets with reinforced bases
• Highest quality YKK RC Fuse zippers
• Seam-sealed rain cover included
Speed Demon V2.0
• Internal Dimensions: 9.3” W x 6.8” H x 5” D (23.5 x 17.2 x 12.7 cm)
• External Dimensions: 12” W x 8.5” H x 8” D (30.5 x 21.6 x 20.3 cm)
• Weight: 1.6–2.1 lbs (0.7–1.0 kg)
Speed Freak V2.0
• Internal Dimensions: 10.3” W x 8.8” H x 5.5” D (26 x 22.2 x 14 cm)
• External Dimensions: 12.5” W x 10.5” H x 8.5” D (31.8 x 26.7 x 21.6 cm)
• Weight: 1.9–2.5 lbs (0.9–1.1 kg)
Speed Racer V2.0
• Internal Dimensions: 11.8” W x 10” H x 7” D (29.8 x 25.4 x 17.8 cm)
• External Dimensions: 12.5” W x 10.5” H x 10” D (31.8 x 26.7 x 25.4 cm)
• Weight: 2.3–3.1 lbs (1.0–1.4 kg)
Interested parties can leave their details with Think Tank Photo here.