Epson reveals 13-inch Stylus Photo R2000
Epson has announced today the new 13-inch Epson Stylus Photo R2000. Equipped with the dye-base Epson UltraChrome Hi Gloss 2 inks and Epson's latest MicroPiezo AMC print head, the Epson R2000 is said to deliver 'vibrant, glossy prints on a range of paper types'. Image quality is further enhanced by AccuPhoto HG screening technology it's claimed that maintains high image quality even when printing in high speed modes.
The R2000 also features larger ink cartridges, flexible media handling and connectivity with Ethernet, Wireless-N and USB 2.0 support. It will be available in May 2011 through authorized resellers for $499.99 (MSRP). There's no word as yet of the R2000 being available in Europe.
May 02, 2011
Epson Stylus Photo R2000 Gives Advanced Amateur Photographers, Hobbyists and Creative Professionals a New Level of Productivity and Creative Control
LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 2, 2011 – Epson America today introduced the latest 13-inch printer to join its award-winning line of products, the Epson Stylus® Photo R2000. Taking advantage of Epson’s next-generation pigment printing technology, this printer produces vivid, archival prints with an unmatched glossy look and feel that’s optimized for serious photography and other high-level creative applications.
The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 provides several features and qualities that are typically found in professional-level printers, such as pigment-based inks, flexible media handling, and significantly larger capacity cartridges that deliver up to 50 percent more printsI. The printer’s connectivity options are unparalleled for its class, making it easy to print from a home office or studio via Ethernet®, Wireless-N and USB 2.0II. Its media flexibility is also unsurpassed, giving users the ability to print on a full range of papers, including cut sheet and roll paper, photographic and fine art media, canvas, art boards, and CD/DVDs.
The R2000 uses Epson’s innovative MicroPiezo® print head with AMC™ and Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss® 2 Ink to create images with vibrant color on a broad range of paper types. The printer’s unique eight-color ink set takes advantage of Epson’s exclusive high-gloss encapsulated pigments including an enhanced gloss optimizer that creates photos with a uniformly smooth finish and feel. Image quality is further enhanced by AccuPhoto™ HG screening technology that ensures outstanding image quality even when printing in higher speed modes.
“The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 is an incredible tool for serious photographers, creative professionals and hobbyists who want to step up to superior quality printing,” said Richard Day, senior product manager, Professional Imaging, Epson America. “Whether you’re printing a series for gallery display, producing a comp to present to a client, or making a 12x12-inch scrapbook page, this printer has the capability and versatility to deliver outstanding results that will impress the most demanding of critics.”
Following are additional details about the Epson Stylus Photo R2000’s technologies and benefits:
- Epson UltraChrome Hi-Gloss 2 Ink: Award-winning, eight-color pigment ink set, for gallery-quality archival prints that are water, smudge and fade-resistant. Red and Orange inks provide bold colors and smooth, natural skin tones; additional advancements also offer vibrant greens and intense blues. An enhanced gloss optimizer delivers a uniform gloss finish, and auto-selecting Photo and Matte Black inks deliver deep blacks on matte, fine art or glossy media.
- AccuPhoto HG Image Technology: Created in collaboration with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Munsell Color Science Laboratory, this complex mathematical architecture and advanced screening technology ensures precise placement of each ink droplet to produce smooth, grain-free images. This technology helps to maximize color gamut, smooth transitions and gradations, and achieve consistent color under different lighting conditions. The R2000’s new Automatic Ink Density Optimization feature also contributes to delivering prints with consistent pigment density and superior color accuracy.
- MicroPiezo AMC Print Head: The eight-channel, high-precision print head produces a maximum resolution of 5670 x 1440 optimized dpi and variable-sized droplets as small as 1.5 picoliters. For decreased maintenance and increased reliability, the print head also incorporates an ink-repellent coating.
- Individual Larger-Capacity Ink Cartridges: The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 delivers up to 50 percent more prints than the previous model for increased productivity and less frequent changing of cartridgesI.
- Auto-Selecting Black Inks: The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 automatically selects Photo or Matte black ink to produce the deepest blacks and richest color on glossy, matte or fine art media.
- Unparalleled Connectivity: Built-in 100 Mbit Ethernet for wired networking, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ 802.11n wireless technology and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 provide multiple options for fast connectivity anywhere in a home or studioII.
- Flexible Media Handling: A main top-loading, high-capacity auto-sheet feeder supports photographic and matte papers. A rear, single-sheet, fine art paper path handles heavier fine art and specialty media. Included roll paper support allows for panoramas up to 44-inches long, even on canvas, and a front, straight-through path handles media up to 1.3 mm thick, and direct CD/DVD printing.
Pricing, Availability and Support
The Epson Stylus Photo R2000 will be available in May 2011 through authorized resellers for $499.99 (MSRP). The printer is supported by a one-year whole-unit exchange limited warranty plan and specialized technical support staff. For more information on the Epson Stylus Photo R2000, visit www.epson.com/R2000.