It's not just Leica that has seen the benefits of offerring limited edition versions, now Pentax is doing the same. However it appears the pricing is far more reasonable; the black K-5 body has a RRP of £1199.99 while the new chrome (silver) limited edition version is selling for just £100 more. Unfortunately there are just 50 units allocated to the UK.
Pentax has announced that its multi-award winning K-5 is now available in a beautiful new silver colour.
This limited version (only 50 units are available in the UK) has had a complete face lift and features a new finish, thumb wheels, buttons and packaging. In addition, the back LCD and top screen of the Silver K-5 have been reinforced to provide additional durability. The camera also benefits from a redesigned handle, making it more comfortable to use.
The Silver K-5 is also equipped with the latest firmware update, ensuring it offers the latest in technology.
To complete the new K-5 silver version, three already existing pancake lenses are now also available in silver:
• smc DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited Silver
• smc DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited Silver
• smc DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Silver
The RRP of:
- The Silver K-5 : £1299.99
- The smc DA 40mm f/2.8 Limited Silver : £529.99
- The smc DA 21mm f/3.2 AL Limited Silver : £609.99
- The smc DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Silver : £609.99
- The Silver K-5 and its three silver lenses will be available from all good retailers in March, 2011.