43rumors.com wasted no time in getting this image out. The E-5 will be released tomorrow but for now we will all have to contend with this image, the first one of the complete camera, to date. Looking very similar to the Olympus E-3, so no great surprises there.
- Weather-proof (Magnesium) body
- 12.1Megapixel sensor (The same Olympus PEN sensor)
- ISO 100 – 6400 in 1/3 or 1 EV steps
- AVI Motion JPEG(30fps) HD (720)
- it can take a picture with sound.
- mono mic with stereo external microphone input
- 3 inch LCD with 920.000 dots resolution
- 11 points full-twin cross AF sensor (phase-difference detection system)
- 11 area multiple AF (contrast detection system)
- CF and SD dual slot
- Built-in wireless flash
Written by Joanne Carter